It features a “Saint” Cop versus a possessed serial killer.
And it’s gonna be awesome.
Yes, it’s all the rage these days, I know. Comic books and mecha novels and hero series and such like. And you’re probably wondering, “Declan, what does a publisher need with a kickstarter account?”
The answer is: sales are going too well. Once upon a time, Silver Empire could pay quarterly royalties ASAP. Instead of waiting the TWO MONTHS Amazon holds the royalty payments on, it was a simple matter of paying out of pocket. After all, my publisher is the owner of TWO of his own businesses.
Now, sales are too good. And while Silver Empire waits upon Amazon to pay up, Silver Empire is doing six other things.
This kickstarter helps them pay me faster than Amazon can pay them to pay me.
Not only that, but the kickstarter is going to the costs of cover art, printing books, promotional artwork, and …. again, me.
As Russell notes on the main page:
$1,000 – Mr Finn will commit to at least a fourth novel in the Saint Tommy, NYPD series!
$1,500 – Mr Finn will commit to at least a fifth novel in the Saint Tommy, NYPD series!
$2,000 – Mr Finn will commit to at least a sixth novel in the Saint Tommy, NYPD series!
So, if you like the idea, and the samples thus far, you’re going to want to get in on this soon.
You’ll also like the description from Russell.
You’ll get some of the best horror books ever written, from an author who has been a Dragon Award finalist for “Best Horror Novel” twice in the three short years of the award’s history. These books are available in hardcover, paperback, and ebook formats for your convenience. What’s more, all hardcover and paperback editions will be signed and personalized by the author!
Come to think of it, I think the only people who have been nominated 3 times already have been me, Jim Butcher, Mark Wandrey, and perhaps JF Holmes. Which puts me in some nice company.
What’s the schedule like on release.?
Book 1, Hell Spawn, is nearing completion and will be shipped by the end of October. Book 2, Death Cult, will ship 4-6 weeks after that, and book 3, Infernal Affairs will ship 4-6 weeks following Death Cult.
And don’t worry. While book three is not done yet, I’m already over 20,000 words into it in 2 weeks. And, as Russell notes.
Mr Finn writes books so fast that we at Silver Empire have suggested “the Declan” as the new SI unit of measure for writing speed. We have 100% confidence in his ability to not only finish any books he commits to, but also to finish them in a very timely manner.
In other words, probably the end of the month…. Okay, okay. The start of October.
- Pledge $1 or more: The first 50 pages of HELL SPAWN. Available immediately.
- $3 or more — You get the ebook. The whole ebook. Probably before it comes out, but that’s just a guess. In PDF, MOBI, and EPUB formats for your convenience. Notice that it’s probably cheaper than most e-books. So you’re just buying the damn thing early.
- Pledge $12 or more – Not only do you get all of the above, but you get a SIGNED paperback edition of HELL SPAWN. You’ll get the paperback in November, and everything else ASAP. Which means that you’re getting the SIGNED paperback and the e-book for cheaper than the price of most paperbacks. Yes, I’ll be signing them.
- Pledge $15 or more — Hell Spawn paperback
- Receive a SIGNED paperback edition of HELL SPAWN, book 1 of the SAINT TOMMY, NYPD series. Also receive an ebook edition of HELL SPAWN in PDF, MOBI, and EPUB formats for your convenience.
- Pledge $30 or more — Hell Spawn hardcover – Early Bird! To heck with you, I want want of these. I get a hardcover. Ahh… Yeah, I’ve always wanted one of those. It’ll be awesome. It’ll also come with the e-book versions. Also due to backers in Novermber.
- Pledge $30 or more — 3-book Paperback collection – Early Bird ($40 if you don’t get in there quick.) It’ll probably come together by April.
- Pledge $35 or more — the hardcover for those people who come a little later. See, the people who show up first pay less.
- Pledge $80 or more — 3-book Hardcover Collection – Early Bird ($95 if you don’t get in there ASAP). Again, I think even I’m going to want a set of these.
Anyway, here’s the link for the Kickstarter. Go ahead, you know you at least want to give $1. Just $1. That way, you want to look at the first 50 pages, and decide if you want the rest. You may even want them in hardcover, because look at that cover, why wouldn’t you?