So, the Planetary Awards are in for the best SFF stories of 2017. Anyone who has a blog, podcast, or YouTube account can vote. Which is most of the people I know, come to think of it.
- “Acadie” by Dave Hutchinson
- “The Bitten Body” by AC Spahn
- “Death on the Moon” by Spencer Hart, found in Cirsova issue #6
- “The First American” by Schuyler Hernstrom, found in Cirsova issue #5
- “The Pilot” by Andrew Mayne, found in Predator: If It Bleeds
- “Trouble in an Hourglass” by Jody Lynn Nye, found in Straight Outta Tombstone
- “Age of Assassins” by RJ Barker
- “Good to the Last Drop” by Declan Finn
- “The Guns Above” by Robyn Bennis
- “Kings of the Wyld” by Nicholas Eames
- “Legionnaire” by Jason Anspach and Nick Cole
- “Out of the Soylent Planet” by Robert Kroese
- “The Rogue Prince” by Lindsay Buroker
If you’ve already nominated something, you don’t need to cast a vote. It’s fairly obvious who you’re voting for. You can change your vote in the comments section on their webpage.
However, if you haven’t nominated anything, just vote on your blog, podcast, or YouTube channel. Then, leave a comment on their page so they know about the vote. You get one vote for best short story and one for best novel, but you don’t have to use both votes if you’re only interested in one category.
The voting deadline is April 30th, 11:59PM US Pacific time. That’s in less than two weeks. Get on it, people.